Friday, August 18, 2006

Swede in a Starship

People have been blogging about it for a year now, but I waited until today, its official day of release, to work-in my post about Snakes on a Plane.

The FEMALE FRONT angle to this story is minor, but genuine: Ever since I first heard the killer theme song "Snakes on a Plane (Bring It)" by Cobra Starship, I've assumed that the female vocalist who appears on the track must be Maja Ivarsson of The Sounds. Well, it's always nice to have your assumptions proven correct for a change: More information about the mysterious Cobra Starship has come out in the past couple of weeks (not to mention the music video), and I have confirmed that the sole female member of the project is indeed Ms Ivarsson.

I've been playing tracks from The Sounds' debut album Living in America since it was released; but if you're a fan of the band, you may be wondering why the hell you're not hearing anything from their recent album Dying to Say This to You on FEMALE FRONT. The answer, of course, is "Because I'm lame". Or perhaps more importantly, "Because I'm broke". They're basically interchangable states of being; one just leads into the other, much like the caduceus on the Snakes movie poster.

The upshot of all this is that I hope to get that album soon. Eventually.

In the meantime, and in an attempt to deflect attention from my lameness, here is a pic of Ms Ivarsson in action:



No comments: